When is Weight Distribution Needed?
Posted on November 26 2018
When Is Weight Distribution Needed?
You would likely benefit from a weight distribution system if:
- Your trailer weight (GTW) is more than 50 percent of your vehicle's weight (GVWR)
- The rear of your tow vehicle sags when the trailer is hooked up
- You experience trailer sway
- Your tow vehicle's headlights point upward
- You find it difficult to steer or stop your rig
- You want to tow to the highest capacity allowed by your vehicle's trailer hitch
Note: To use a weight-distributing system, your trailer hitch must be rated for use with weight distribution. Check the weight rating label on your hitch to make sure that a weight-distributing capacity is listed. If no rating is listed, a weight distribution system cannot be used.